The Building Stronger Parishes project is managed by the Pastoral Research Office which is an agency of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference.
The Pastoral Research Office has ongoing responsibility for:
- Coordinating Catholic participation in the National Church Life Surveys (2001, 2006 and 2011).
- Carrying out the National Catholic Census Project (1996, 2001, 2006 and 2011), including the dissemination of results to parishes and dioceses.
- Carrying out and reporting the results of the National Count of Attendance (2001, 2006 and 2011).
- Providing assistance to dioceses, Catholic Education Offices and other Catholic agencies in the understanding and use of NCLS and Census data.
- Providing research and pastoral planning consultancy services to dioceses and Catholic agencies.
You can find more information on this office here.
The Project Reference Group
There have been several people over the course of the project who have been a part of the research team, and as advisors in Project Reference Group. Below is a list of these people. Those who worked as researchers as well as being Project Reference Group members are indicated with a blue star.
Dr Bob Dixon (Director, Pastoral Research Office)*
Dr Trudy Dantis (BSP Research Coordinator, Pastoral Research Office)*
Mr Stephen Reid (Researcher, Pastoral Research Office)*
Mr Michael Brady (National Church Life Survey team, Pastoral Research Office)*
Rev Dr Philip Hughes (Senior Researcher, Christian Research Association)*
Dr Marian de Souza (Senior Lecturer, Australian Catholic University)*
Fr Martin Dixon (Parish Priest -Brighton parish, Melbourne)*
Ms Maria George (Pastoral Associate- Elwood parish – St Columba’s, Melbourne)*
Mrs Sophy Morley (Diocesan Pastoral Coordinator, Sale Diocese)*
Dr Peter Price (Chair: Department of Theology: Mission and Ministry, Yarra Theological Union)
Fr Maurizio Pettenà ( National Director, Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office)
Mr Joe Moloney (Researcher, Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office)*
Mr Damian Coleridge (Research Consultant, Archdiocese of Melbourne)*
Emeritus Professor Peter Carpenter (Australian Catholic University)*
Mr Bruce Ryan (Executive Secretary, ACBC Secretariat for Pastoral Life)
Associate Professor Kath Engebretson (Australian Catholic University)*
Dr Paul Taylor (Coordinator, Liturgy and Worship, Archbishop’s Office For Evangelisation, Archdiocese of Melbourne)